Nadine Braunstein, PhD, RD, LDN, FANDNominating Committee National Leader
|POSITION||Skills/Attributes associated with the position||Examples of how I have demonstrated outcomes for each skill/attribute that qualify me for the position|
|Nominating Committee National Leader||
|| 1. I have worked for >40 years in PA, MA, MD and CA and served as MA state affiliate President, Chair Academy Legislative and Public Policy Committee (LPPC), Area and Lead Coordinator for NDEP, and member CA State and Northern Area District Policy committees.
2. Having served in many leadership roles I understand how the affiliates, DPGs and committees serve the mission of the Academy. 3. As the chair of the LPPC I worked to hear the voices and issues of all committee members and staff to serve the needs of the Academy.
4. I am proud to recruit very diverse cohorts to the Sac State DI.
|California State University, Sacramento||Associate Professor and Dietetic Internship Director||5+|
|Towson University (Maryland)||Assistant Professor and Allied Health Program Director||8|
|University of Massachusetts Amherst||Dietetic Internship Director and Lecturer||4|
|Leadership Position||Organization||Years Involved in the Organization||My specific leadership contributions, achievements and outcomes:|
|Chair elect, Chair, past-Chair Legislative and Public Policy Committee||Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics||2015 - 2017||* Lead the LPPC in monthly meetings during 2016 as Chair
* Collaborate with Academy PIA staff to develop the legislative agenda and act on issues
* Collaborate with ANDPAC and CPLS committees
* Served on the Planning Committee for the 2015 Public Policy Workshop
* Spoke at the 2015 PPW
* Reviewed policy comments from the Academy to federal agencies
|Area 6 Coordinator and Lead Coordinator||Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Practitioners (NDEP)||2010 - 2011||* Collaborated with Area 7 Coordinator to plan and deliver the Regional Educators meeting 2011 in Maryland
* Incorporated training using NHANES data for research as a pre-conference training opportunity
* Lead monthly national Area Coordinators meetings
|Public Policy Workshop/Summit Chair or Co-Chair||California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics||2018 - 2022||* Collaborate with members of the Public Policy Committee and VP Policy for the CA Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to plan and deliver Public Policy Workshops in Sacramento 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022|
|Co-Chair Public Policy||Northern Area District, California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics||2018 - 2023||* Attend monthly District Board meetings
* Mentor and collaborate with the other Policy Co-chair
* Inform district members and board members about state and national policy issues
* Collaborate to deliver one District policy event annually
* Serve as liaison from District to the state Public Policy Committee
|Member Public Policy Committee||Hunger and Environmental Nutrition DPG||2021 - 2023||* Participate in monthly PPC meetings
* Host listening session about the Dietary Guidelines for members to guide the DPGs comments to the Academy
* Co-author article for HEN newsletter about the Dietary Guidelines member listening sessions
* Co-host debrief session about the White House Conference about Hunger and Nutrition for HEN members
Demographics and disruptors are creating challenges and opportunities for nutrition and dietetics professionals. We need to select leaders for the Academy who will represent those entering the profession and seasoned professionals to adapt to emerging trends with agility. Our code of ethics, Strategic Plan and the Academy’s mission will guide us to address important issues such as food insecurity, diversity, reimbursement for our services, and to advocate for policies that serve our many constituencies and promote our profession.
I appreciate your vote to serve as a member of the Nominating Committee so that I can represent your interests to advance our profession.